Position Type: Permanent
Expertise: Technology Advisory
Regions: Asia Pacific
Updated 23rd September, 2014
Andersen Steinberg is an executive search firm which specialises in Strategy Consulting and Corporate Strategy. We work with a select number of the leading strategy consultancies, and also with some of the World’s premier corporations, private equity and venture capital providers.
One of our major strategy consulting clients, a top tier firm, are developing their IT Strategy Consulting practice in South East Asia, and they are looking for experienced Project Leaders to join their Telecoms Team within the Asia Pacific practice. They will take part in a wide range of challenging client engagements with leading clients mostly in SE Asia as well as across the Asia Pacific region – diagnosing issues, developing strategies and delivering impact. They will be actively involved in working with clients, will contribute to the development of our IT practice and collaborate with researchers to continue to develop expertise. They would also expect to spend part of their time on general IT casework across industries as core members of the IT practice.
Roles & Responsibilities
Lead execution of, or provide expertise and support to, IT projects within the Telco sector
• Works jointly with client project teams, brings expertise to the team and to the client on site
• Acts as project manager and lead small but high impact consulting teams ranging from 1 to 4 people for an entire case or at a module level on select topics. Owns project process, content and day-to-day client interactions
• Supports case teams, especially those with need for deep expertise and a hands-on approach, either as an individual contributor or as an advisor to the overall project
• Challenges the work in progress and the results. Ensures the quality of the work, and the relevance of the synthesis and recommendations.
• Develop client relationship and become trusted advisor on the areas of expertise for the client.
Build IT Expertise and help increase the company’s profile externally
• Contributes to improving methodology, tools, and topic development in the area of IT Telco within the telecoms sector
• Develops and contributes to intellectual capital - works on knowledge content projects to develop new techniques and/or capture new ideas as well as casework experience
• Writes internal memos or papers and presents them at internal meetings/conferences
• Contributes to publications and to articles for external journals and/or industry trade magazines
• Attends industry and/or topic-specific conferences
• Participates in the recruiting of other experts and training efforts
• Creates awareness of expertise in the external community through academia or industry networks
Contribute to the Business Development
• Contributes to proposal development together with the Partners
• Participates in client proposals presentations
• Helps develop products / tool kits for specific Telecoms topics
• Leads development of proposals from end to end around specific topics
• Contributes to the development of additional business beyond the delivery of recommendations on Client engagements
The successful applicant must have a track record of devising, implementing, and operating business driven IT strategies and solutions, involving quantitative analysis, insightful and pragmatic solution design and delivering value to clients, customers or owners. More specifically, the ideal candidate possesses:
• A minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience in IT consulting, including at least 3 years of hands on experience in technology role (architect, developer, program manager, business analyst etc.)
• Experience at a large global IT system integrator / PS firms or at large MNC/Regional Telco
• Deep Expertise in one or more of the following technology domain areas OSS, BSS, Big Data, Data warehouse.
• Experience and expertise should be wide and deep in the select area from business drivers to process to technology implications and choices. Should have led or designed for green field and or brown field implementations of the solutions.
• Experience should span across solutions assessment, design, build, migration and change management on the business side
• Good understanding of the vendor and solution landscape, positioning, implication of selecting one vendor or solution over other in terms of business capabilities, functionality, one-time costs and ongoing costs
• Advanced degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, Physics or Mathematics - graduate of a leading engineering school would be a plus
• Strong academics from top-tier institutions (top 10% of class)
• Able to think strategically/end-to-end, good business sense
• Analytical and structured
• Able to work creatively and analytically in a time-limited, problem-solving environment
• Excellent communication skills: written and spoken English, other languages (especially Thai, Bahasa or other Asian language) would be of added benefit
• Able to build empathy within the firm and win the trust of the clients
• Willing to travel and to work on client sites
• Driven, hard-working, entrepreneurial, proactive and productive
• Ability to work under tight timelines and high pressure
• Highest ethical standards
• Flexible, curious and creative, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
• Independent and autonomous judgment
• Team player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamic
• Intercultural competence
Andersen Steinberg, the Strategy Consulting careers specialist.
Please visit www.andersensteinberg.com to see our other vacancies.
Email for Applications: email@example.com
To apply for this role please fill out your details below with a brief message about your suitability for the role. If they feel you are a good fit one of our Recruitment Consultants will contact you to request your CV.