Position Type: Permanent
Regions: Asia Pacific
Updated 22nd November, 2016
ROLE: Director, Strategy
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Strategy
SCOPE: Global (more than 70 countries)
TERMS: Competitive salary & benefits
Andersen Steinberg are working with one of Asia’s largest banking groups to develop their Corporate Strategy team.
OPPORTUNITY WITH THE STRATEGY TEAM
The global Strategy team helps shape and drive the Bank’s strategic agenda. It is a diverse team of 35+ individuals from different nationalities based in Singapore (primarily) and London. The team members have broad based experience in strategy consulting in the banking sector – corporate, investment, retail, commercial, private etc. Many of them have previously worked with leading strategy consulting firms such as McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Oliver Wyman or been in strategy roles with other leading financial institutions.
The strategy team provides exciting and challenging opportunities for driven candidates who want to either pursue a career in strategy within a financial institution or transition into business/function after a few years of strategy experience. The global Strategy team works with the senior most stakeholders of the bank on a variety of projects related to business, geographies or functions. As a talent incubator for the Bank, it can open prospects for moving into other exciting roles. Given we are co-located with the senior management team in Singapore or London, it requires very moderate amount of travel.
ROLE AND DESIRED PROFILE - DIRECTOR
• Help shape the Bank's strategic agenda by conceptualizing and managing strategy projects (mostly working with Senior management)
• Playing a leadership role in project planning, structuring work plans, forming hypotheses, designing and guiding analyses, driving discussions and challenging incumbent thinking, synthesising conclusions and helping drive change in the Bank
• Represent the Strategy team in senior management discussion on a regular basis
• Manage and guide the work of Associates and Associate Directors throughout their project assignments and help with their professional development – potentially play a formal Development Manager role.
• Drive strategy team initiatives
This position provides an excellent opportunity to assume management responsibilities and to gain in-depth knowledge of the Banking Group and its individual businesses. The Bank is very well positioned in the major emerging markets of Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. While one can continue to grow in the strategy role, future prospects for moving into other positions in the bank are excellent, typically after 3+ years.
We seek highly motivated individuals with outstanding academic credentials and an already strong record of professional and leadership accomplishments. The ideal skill set would combine financial services knowledge with a ‘consulting toolkit’ (preferably from a top consulting firm) and 6 to 10 years of working experience. We are willing to consider a broader range of applicants on an exceptional basis.
In an ideal candidate, we look for:
• Financial services consulting experience with a top tier firm and/or with strategy functions of leading banks
• Emerging markets knowledge or experience preferred (especially in Asia, Africa or Middle East)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with a sense of creativity and practicality
• Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills
• Personal qualities such as being a team worker and an independent thinker
• Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured, project-based and multi-cultural environment
• Capabilities in one or more Asian language(s) is a plus, especially Mandarin
If you’re interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for attention of Stephen Haigh
To apply for this role please fill out your details below with a brief message about your suitability for the role. If they feel you are a good fit one of our Recruitment Consultants will contact you to request your CV.