Position Type: Permanent
Regions: Asia Pacific
Updated 28th September, 2017
Company: Global Food & Agriculture Conglomerate
Position Type: Permanent
Terms: Competitive salary & benefits
Andersen Steinberg are working with one of the World’s largest Food & Agriculture Conglomerates to develop their Corporate Strategy team.
With 150,000 employees in 70 countries. Singapore is their APAC HQ, where they typically house a team of 25 Corporate Strategy and 15 Corporate Development specialists who are part of a Strategy Department that reports to the CFO. The teams are responsible for strategic projects and M&A activity respectively. Interestingly both teams have the remit to provide the next generation of senior managers for the business, so the expectation is that you would stay for around 2 years in Corporate Strategy or Corporate Development and then move into a business unit role with P&L responsibility. These BU roles are spread across Asia, with no expectation of you having to stay in Singapore in the long term. Another interesting aspect of their work is that the projects are often linked to commodity trading B2B, affording the opportunity to interact on strategic projects with suppliers and clients alike.
They are actively looking for Asian nationals with some Strategy or M&A experience to join these two teams at Associate, Manager and Senior Manager levels.
• Help shape the Company’s strategic agenda by conceptualizing and managing strategy projects (mostly working with Senior Management)
• Playing a leadership role in project planning, structuring work plans, forming hypotheses, designing and guiding analyses, driving discussions and challenging incumbent thinking, synthesising conclusions and helping drive change
• Represent the Strategy team in senior management discussions on a regular basis
• Manage and guide the work of Associates throughout their project assignments and help with their professional development – potentially play a formal Development Manager role.
• Drive strategy team initiatives
This position provides an excellent opportunity to assume management responsibilities and to gain in-depth knowledge of the Group and its individual businesses. The Company is very well positioned in the major emerging markets of Asia. While one can continue to grow in the strategy role, future prospects for moving into other positions in the company are excellent, typically after 1+ years.
We seek highly motivated individuals with outstanding academic credentials and an already strong record of professional and leadership accomplishments. The ideal skill set would combine B2B Client knowledge with a ‘consulting toolkit’ and 4 to 10 years of working experience. We are willing to consider a broader range of applicants on an exceptional basis.
In an ideal candidate, we look for:
• B2B consulting experience with a top tier or second tier firm and/or with strategy functions of leading MNC
• Emerging markets knowledge or experience preferred (especially in Asia)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a sense of creativity and practicality
• Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills
• Personal qualities such as being a team worker and an independent thinker
• Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured, project-based and multi-cultural environment
• Capabilities in one or more Asian language(s) is a plus
If you’re interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for attention of Stephen Haigh
To apply for this role please fill out your details below with a brief message about your suitability for the role. If they feel you are a good fit one of our Recruitment Consultants will contact you to request your CV.