Position Type: Permanent
Expertise: Technology Advisory
Regions: Asia Pacific
Updated 23rd September, 2014
Position Title: Telecom Technology Network Expert
Company: Strategy Consultancy
Position Type: Permanent
Country: Southeast Asia
Andersen Steinberg is an executive search firm which specialises in Strategy Consulting and Corporate Strategy. We work with a select number of the leading strategy consultancies, and also with some of the World’s premier corporations, private equity and venture capital providers.
One of our major strategy consulting clients, a top tier firm, are developing their Telecoms Industry practice in Southeast Asia and require a Telecoms Network Expert.
To address key questions posed by CXOs of telecom operators. This includes advising clients on:
• IT/Network strategy (e.g. IT strategy, mobile network roll-out strategy)
• Operations improvement (e.g. network operations improvements through process redesign)
• Implementation support (e.g. BSS upgrade project management) This role is for an expert in the realm of telco IT and/or network. This expert will be responsible for:
• Supplement project teams business knowledge with technical know-how by performing role of subject-matter-expert
• Liaise with client network/IT counterparts to understand pain-points, gather data and explain analysis
• Assist with development of the company’s points-of-view around emerging industry trends
At least 5 years experience in Telecoms Technology
• With leading telcos, equipment vendors and/or managed services providers
• Experience should be in telco IT or Network domains Expertise in IT/Network domains
• Prior consulting experience highly preferred
• Ability to learn and rapidly get ramped-up on adjacent knowledge areas
• Willingness to travel within APAC 4-5 days per week
Areas of Expertise
IT strategy design (e.g. architecture, cloud, BSS) IT operations management BSS design/implementation/management Network design, capex optimization, ROIC improvements
• Mid-long term technology roadmap development
• Access design (e.g. choice of radio technology, supply dimensioning such as multi carrier vs. single carrier systems, coverage model options e.g. macro vs. small cells, radio spectrum planning / optimization)
• Transport design (e.g. TDM to IP conversions, microwave vs. fiber deployments, capacity upgrade steps, offloading techniques)
• Core (PS, CS, IP) design (e.g. dynamic policy control, caching algorithms, peering imperatives)
• RFPs for large roll-out/upgrade programs (e.g. writing technical specs for LTE RAN roll-out)
• Networks sharing models Network operations
• NOC/SOC lead
• Network quality optimization (e.g. frequency planning, problem management, NOC/SOC transformation, preventative maintenance, radio performance gaps, optimization initiatives, SON imperatives)
• Opex optimization (e.g. new age rent models for small cell and new technologies, energy efficiency program,
• Managed services models, vendor footprint management OSS design/implementation/management End to end Customer Experience Management
• QoS definitions, segmentation and measurements approach
Andersen Steinberg, the Strategy Consulting careers specialist.
Please visit www.andersensteinberg.com to see our other vacancies.
Email for Applications: email@example.com
To apply for this role please fill out your details below with a brief message about your suitability for the role. If they feel you are a good fit one of our Recruitment Consultants will contact you to request your CV.