Position Type: Permanent
Expertise: Technology Advisory
Regions: Middle East
Updated 05th August, 2015
Andersen Steinberg are a specialist executive search firm working with top tier strategy, risk and financial consultancies. We are currently working with a leading Qatari Banks to recruit an Applications Development & Support Manager
Applications Development & Support Manager
The primary aspect of this role is to manage and support all aspects of technical implementation, operation and support of Banking Applications. The incumbent may also be requested to participate or lead other technical implementation and support projects as required. They will be directly responsible for managing a set of applications/modules from the overall applications landscape of the bank.
Candidate should have extensive hands-on experience with development and support activities specifically on the following applications:
· FIS IST Switch
· FIS Cortex Merchant Management System
· Verifone Intellinac and Verifone Term-Master Suite for POS
· Affina Datacard for Card Issuance and Management
The main responsibilities of the position are:
• Ensure the continuous support of the currently installed applications/modules under responsibility
• Lead the technical implementation efforts related to these applications/module
• Assist in the development and maintenance of system problem analysis and resolution techniques
• Ensure that the assigned Staff, system Vendors and Integrators fully comply with the bank’s policies, procedures and business requirements, and
• Analyze and resolve system problems quickly and efficiently
• Participate actively in other technical implementation projects by providing application specifications necessary for seamless integration within the bank’s final system architecture.
In addition, the incumbent will also need to obtain detailed understanding at the level needed to be able to devise reliable IT operational procedure and lead the application technical support efforts for all the applications under responsibility. Application technical support tasks include providing technical support to the IT operations team, in addition to testing and deploying periodical system patches and updates
The role requires ownership as application technical manager for all Channels System Development applications.
University Degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or
Comparable education or working experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in ICT with exposure to Banking Applications
- Profound experience in Technical daily operational support of banking applications.
- Advanced experience in Multiple types of banking applications like core banking, channel applications, ERP application etc.
- Sufficient experience regarding integration and interface aspects of banking applications
- Very good technical knowledge and understanding in the technical implementation and integration of different Banking applications
- Proven experience in working as part of multinational teams for a minimum of 3 years.
- Demonstrable knowledge in jBase, Java, SQL, C on UNIX mainly and other languages.
- proven experience in configuring and deploying banking application and interfaces
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver technical support and technical implementation tasks needed for the success of ICT initiatives.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; written & spoken Arabic is desirable.
- Detail oriented and team player with demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage several projects and support technical activities concurrently in the areas of responsibility.
- Provide technical implementation and support efforts of all banking applications within any defined governance structure identified by al khaliji.
- Provide technical expertise to all aspect of implementation, operations, maintenance and support of banking applications.
- Maintain actively an ongoing good relationship with vendors and support organizations within the area of responsibility.
- Ensure sufficient technical documentation exists for the implementation, maintenance, and operational support of related applications.
- Research, analyze and recommend enhancements on existing banking applications
Provide system and application technical expertise; include 1st level technical support, to all related integrated systems and applications for Applications under Direct Responsibility.
To apply for this role please fill out your details below with a brief message about your suitability for the role. If they feel you are a good fit one of our Recruitment Consultants will contact you to request your CV.